11,000 rally in Louisiana today for economic survival
- Obama moratorium affects 100,000 jobs in Louisiana.
- "The offshore petroleum industry and companies that serve it employ about
- Update, 7/22: A blog focusing on Louisiana matters writes the following about AP's bias and omissions in the linked article:
- which (AP's) Foster did not quote, by the middle of August those rig operators
- acts like the loss of four rigs already isn’t a disaster for Louisiana –
- each rig affects some 1,500 jobs, so the loss of four of them already means 6,000 Louisiana jobs vaporized.
- And once those companies go out of business,
- they’re not coming back.
It’s a terrible article, and the Times-Picayune’s readers are very poorly served for the paper having run it." from The Hayride.com, Rally Recollections
- photo of Cajundome rally today by Lafayette Daily Advertiser via AP.