Radio show ejected for mocking Mark McGwire outside Roger Dean Stadium
- DJ said it was just a ticket giveaway promotion.
- From a stand outside the stadium, the station urged listeners and patrons to throw "steroid darts" at a life-sized cutout of McGwire, the new St. Louis Cardinals batting coach who recently admitted he took steroids during his playing days.
"Mark McGwire is a partner on our team. I'm not going to exploit the guy,' Pinto said. "My issue was they were doing something stupid on our property. It wasn't right. It was tasteless.'
- The Morning Show's Kevin Rolston, who organized the stunt Thursday, said about 10 people had successfully hit the Big Mac cutout —
- winning tickets to a New York Mets-Marlins game — before stadium security called a halt.
"It was not done to be mean-spirited," said Rolston... "It was done on a topical baseball issue as a way to give tickets away.
- "Our point is, I don't think many people are past it, even after the apology he gave, unless they're blinded by being diehard Cardinals fans.'"
from Palm Beach Post, 3/12/10, by Joe Capozzi, "Wild 95.5 booted from Roger Dean Stadium because of stunt mocking Mark McGwire," via AOL FanhouseTweet Stumbleupon StumbleUpon