NYC office of global co. doing carbon deals with scandal ridden United Nations closes carbon desk-report
- closed its New York-based US office leading to a loss of up to 20 jobs."...
- part of the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism, the world’s
- second-largest carbon market,
- the largest greenhouse-gas trading program. " 9/14/09
- fearing the pink slip.
US banks had looked forward to a huge "cap-and-trade market" a system
- where companies would buy and sell the right to emit gases blamed for warming the planet.
Many hired carbon traders, picked up assets, and trained members of energy desks to deal in emissions markets.
- But prospects for a broad US carbon market have dimmed. ...
Young graduates who had wanted to combine an interest in environment with making money
- may have to adjust.
"I get young people coming to me saying they are looking into oil and gas trading. Carbon jobs just aren't out there," said Global Change's Fusaro."***
- "EcoSecurities has been involved in...developing the world’s first (United Nations) CDM project to be registered under the Kyoto Protocol and the first to receive issued credits.
- " “Nuts.”
- And that’s exactly what we’d be were we to surrender our freedoms, our economic growth, and even our simplest comforts to
- duplicitous zealots before checking and
- double-checking the work of the prophets
- predicting our doom should we refuse."
- Computer carbon trading information connected at United Nations.
Labels: Carbon desks closedTweet Stumbleupon StumbleUpon