Joel Sherman on the NY Times sports dept.-do they have concussions?
- On the NY Times accepting a buyout from Jack Curry, longtime sports writer and friend, NY Post's Joel Sherman, comments:
- Soon when all the concussion stories are done and
- Jack (Curry) is the rare person in the business who can do that over and over.
- Not appreciating those skills is classless and ignorant.
I would feel particularly sad if I did not fully expect someone as skilled and graceful as Jack would end up in better circumstances working for people who comprehend that reporting and hard work and diligence to hundreds of stories a year are not talents that many have.
- I would wish Jack luck, but he doesn’t need it, so I will just keep extending my friendship.
- the people who made this decision had concussions themselves."