XM MLB Chat

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Curt Schilling on things taken for granted

From 38Pitches.com: "I was not even remotely active in the political scene until far too late in my life to sit on a pulpit and preach about history tells us this and history tells us that. That’s not a good thing, but it’s the truth.
  • Taxes? Sure I’ll pay them, regardless of the number. Would I prefer lower taxes? Sure, who wouldn’t? But I’ll pay, whatever they are, because that’s the cost of being able to live in this country and I’ve never had a problem with that.

Having said that I live in a state where I can’t drive 1/2 of a mile without a torn up road, or on a major highway without paying a toll, a large toll.

How did that happen? All the way down to the community level our papers are littered with stories, daily, of unethical behavior, scandal and outright criminal acts,

  • BY OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS!.

Is there a larger breach of trust outside the family bond than that? Why have we allowed it to get this far, and

from his blog post, "What I Believe," 9/5/09, via Boston Herald via Lucianne.com

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home