From 38 Pitches, HOF question, and legitimacy of 'heart and soul' guys
- "Question (Carlson): Are you a Hall of Famer?
- Answer (Schilling): No
- (Rob) Bradford: When referencing this potential move (signing Teixeira), some have cited the Yankees decision to go with high-priced talent in the early 2000’s instead of the “heart and soul” guys that were on the championship teams.
- Is that kind of chemistry/clubhouse influence
- Me (Schilling): No, no and a million more times no.
- The easiest way to figure that out is to play fantasy baseball right?
- Take the 2004 Yankees on paper, play them against ANY other 2004 team and play a 5×5 league. How do they fare?
- I’d expect REAL well and pretty dominating?
There is so much that happens outside the 3-4 hours of games each day that impact and influence teams in a way
- no statistician or ‘expert’ can ever hope to define or quantify.
- It affects wins and losses, it affects clubs state of mind,
- it affects everything."
Tweet Stumbleupon StumbleUpon