XM MLB Chat

Sunday, November 02, 2008

YES Network has til Thursday to renew Francesa--Neil Best

(Watchdog): "An industry source told me YES has until Thursday to match the offer MSG made to take over the simulcast of Mike Francesa's radio show beginning in 2009.
  • I'd be shocked if YES did not match, no matter how much Francesa and his old partner have annoyed the Yankees hierarchy over the years, notably president Randy Levine....

I still don't know what Mike is going to do about the sidekick thing. A week ago, many people in and around the situation felt Joe Benigno was the favorite, but that appears less so by the day."...

  • As a longtime WFAN listener, I remember Mike saying numerous times that he did not speak to Joe Benigno. I don't know for sure what the problem was but Benigno is very knowledgeable and passionate about football (especially the Jets) and may have conflicts with Francesa on the subject of Parcells and the Jets. Also, Benigno is the most talented sportsradio guy in New York, popular with fans, which bugs Francesa. I've heard Francesa make sarcastic remarks about Benigno's fame for several years. Even though pairing the two would be great for listeners, and Benigno could handle the friction, I don't know why Francesa would sign up for it since he's in a position to call the shots. (sm)

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home