XM MLB Chat

Monday, November 24, 2008

Price of Dissent on Global Warming

(photo of Al Gore's new houseboat via Powerline blog)

According to official data, in every year since 1998, world temperatures have been getting colder, and in 2002 Arctic ice actually increased. Why, then, do we not hear about that?

My absence has been noticed, because wherever I go I meet people who say: "I grew up with you on the television, where are you now?"

  • It was in 1996 that I criticised wind farms while appearing on children's program Blue Peter, and I also had an article published in which I described global warming as poppycock. The truth is, I didn't think wind farms were an effective means of alternative energy, so I said so. Back then, at the BBC you had to toe the line, and I wasn't doing that.

At that point, I was still making loads of TV programs and I was enjoying it greatly. Then I suddenly found I was sending in ideas for TV shows and they weren't getting taken up. I've asked around about why I've been ignored, but I found that

  • people didn't get back to me. At the beginning of this year there was a BBC show with four experts saying: "This is going to be the end of all the ice in the Arctic," and hypothesising that it was going to be the hottest summer ever. Was it hell! It was very cold and very wet and now we've seen evidence that the glaciers in Alaska have started growing rapidly, and they have not grown for a long time."...
Bankrupt Lehman Brothers lead global warming stock schemes via Lucianne.com

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home