(Post-Bulletin): "If the worst-case scenario continues into spring training, look for the Twins to sign a temporary fix for center field --
- Of some substance from the Post-Bulletin, the Twins need a center fielder:
The next week should determine if the Twins really need such a contingency plan."....
- such as Kenny Lofton or Corey Patterson.
(Post-Bulletin): "The Yankees remain in contact despite claiming recently that they have pulled out of talks."....
- As opposed to another statement which may have become "conventional wisdom" but other than that, it doesn't hold up. If ESPN says something, it gets headlines. Whether true or false. It's a monopoly--they can do what they want.:
- The Yankees didn't claim they pulled out of talks. ESPN claimed that. But they hadn't been involved in any talks, so it wasn't true they pulled out. It was time to manipulate public opinion.
Reference 2 comments from article by La Velle E. Neal III of the Star Tribune published in the Post-Bulletin
, "Twins, Santana Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place," 1/24/08
- P.S. There isn't enough baseball news to support the number of paid baseball writers. That population needs to be reduced at least by half--not speaking about Mr. Neal, but just in general. It's long overdue. (sm)