XM MLB Chat

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Posada: "We're really close..."--Newsday

No mild-mannered reporters from Newsday cornered Posada at a Knicks game today:
  • "“My first priority is the Yankees. I would like to stay with the Yankees. My heart is with the Yankees, so hopefully we can get something done.”

Chance it gets done before other teams can talk $$$? “I don’t know if we’re going to get that chance. We’ll see. Tomorrow’s the last day.”

  • What have Yankees said to you? “They haven’t said anything to me, just to the agents. We talked on Friday, me and Cashman, we talked about everything that we wanted to accomplish. Right now we’re up in the air to try to get it done.”

Relationship with Girardi? “I love Joe. He’s been like a big brother to me since ’96, so I’m really hopefully looking forward to working with him.”

  • Chances better than 50/50 Yankees? “Yes. Right now it’s up in the air but the chances are good.”

You think you’re in the driver’s seat in negotiations with the Yankees? “Yeah, yes. We’re really close.”"

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home