XM MLB Chat

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fascinating hour on XM MLB Home Plate 175 last night from callers to Joe Castellano's show

I tuned in after the Padres-Rockies game at about 12:50AM ET and heard approximately the following:
  • Caller #1: "I drive a truck," enjoyed the game, was listening to Buck... (chats with Joe C. awhile about the game).
  • Caller #2 or 3: "I was just going to park my tractor when I heard Hairston hit the homerun...."
  • Joe C: "If these guys only knew how many of you tractor-trailer drivers listen" to XM.....
(Extended period of silence.......)
  • Caller parking tractor, speaks clearly: "I'm not a tractor-trailer driver. I drive a John Deere tractor." (It sounded like a "feed" tractor, but not sure).
      • Joe C.: "Oh."
These and other callers were devoted baseball fans and XM customers. It was some of the best radio I've ever heard. Another caller, Ike, was introduced by Joe as a "regular" caller. Talking about the game, Ike said he "stopped the truck" and opened up his computer. He looked into certain things about the game and discussed them with Joe.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home