XM MLB Chat

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Curt Schilling on Mr. Torre and "hack to writer ratio"....

"I have never had a chance to get to know Mr Torre beyond handshakes of congratulations or hellos, but I have never heard a player on his team utter anything but respect for the guy. Much like Boston, managing a 175m+ roster of super star players, in that market,
  • with a hack to writer ratio bordering on 100-1,
  • how does he basically win pretty much every year, get to the post season and get an ultimatum at THAT point in the season? I have always thought very highly of Mr Steinbrenner as well, anyone that pours that much of himself into his team, is that dedicated to his teams fans is ok by me and I would think ok by pretty much anyone that plays for him since he never makes issue with paying the huge salaries players make these days but only adds the caveat of “Just win a World Series”. I don’t think players have ever had problems with owners like that."
From Curt Schilling's blog, 38pitches.com, 10/22/07, "Rox and Sox, 2007 World Series it's on"

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home