XM MLB Chat

Thursday, October 25, 2007

I suspected Glenn Geffner was a onetime football announcer

I happen to like listening to Joe Castiglione. They've forced an abomination named Glenn Geffner onto Red Sox radio this year. It's so obvious he's not right, he tumbles over himself in precision outbursts reminding me of football announcers. So I just put his name in google along with "football announcer," and lo and behold, up came Sons of Sam Horn with the same idea:
  • "Geffner reminds me of a college football announcer that's doing play by play and color all at once, aspiring to jump right to Monday Night Football. He has so much to say Castiglione would have to interrupt to add anything, and that's just not his style, so he just freezes up and becomes a spectator. He has an easy going way of getting across various historic and anectotal morsels,where Geffner broadcasts like he's trying to show how smart and informed he is." From 4/23/07, Sons of Sam Horn (Red Sox blog).
I will never buy any product advertised on Red Sox radio as long as Glenn Geffner is employed there. He is such a heinous choice--proof of the disconnect between baseball front offices and fans. And they take Joe Castiglione away from us.
  • P.S. I bet they signed Geffner for 3 years or something like that. This could be a real tragedy. sm

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

2 Comments:

  • awesome, Susan.

    I've linked your comments on www.38cliches.com, where we gave been following Geffner all year. I hope that's ok.

    lc

    By Blogger LC, at 10:14 AM  

  • Absolutely, I just don't get how guys like Geffner get hired.

    By Blogger susan, at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home