XM MLB Chat

Saturday, August 11, 2007

"New York media can beat it."---Chipper Jones

"Jones had absolutely no interest in going over his opinions yesterday. He walked into the clubhouse just before it was set to close to reporters an hour before the game, and when he saw a crowd of reporters approaching his locker, he sternly said,
  • "New York media can beat it. By the way, if you think you're going to get any more -- out of me, you got another thing coming."
(I'm 100% sure Chipper Jones doesn't read this blog, but one of the 2 alternatives I mentioned the other day was to "shut down AP" writers. By his words here, Chipper is shutting down any New York media. Good move.) sm
  • "After the New York reporters left the room, Jones ripped the local media some more before pointing out that he wants to speak directly with A-Rod to make sure everything is clear.
"I want him to know what was said and what context it was in," he said. "It was nothing aimed at him. I was actually defending him. I think once I explain it to him, he'll see how it [was meant]."" The west coast teams and their media pals always complain they don't get enough publicity. Do they mean just "good" publicity, or do they want all the bad stuff, the blown saves, the grand slams, garbage like this, etc.? (sm)

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home