XM MLB Chat

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Seems Giambi will be able to go about his business--Murray Chass, NY Times

"Bonds’s statement and his potent home run production

  • did not trigger an explosion in the flaxseed market. Rather, widespread skepticism prevailed.

Giambi has told no such fairy tales. He testified truthfully before a federal grand jury in December 2003 and without using the word steroids apologized in February 2005 for using them....

When he issues his next statement in the matter, probably this week, the sense is that Selig will commend Giambi for his cooperation and take no action against him."

  • (I don't waste time on persons who trade on their race, such as Sheffield. So-called Journalists are beneath contempt for making it a so-called story--which it's not. Since Joe Torre wasn't more forceful about it, I felt badly, so I'm relating Chass's comment from Bob Gibson):

"“Why do you guys grab a hold of stuff like that and beat it to death?” he asked. “If I had known that about Joe 25 years ago, I would never have been his friend.”

By not reacting to Sheffield’s comments, Gibson said, Torre handled the situation perfectly. “There’s no reason to dignify it,” Gibson said. “I don’t think it needs to be dignified.”

Gibson said he didn’t know Sheffield, so he would have no way of knowing why he said what he did. He called Torre “one of my best friends in the world. Period.”

“That’s as far as I’ll go with that,” Gibson added. “I don’t think I need to expand on it.”"

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home