XM MLB Chat

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Yanks to Rivera: DROP DEAD.

"The Yankees are not seeking to enter discussions about extending Mariano Rivera's contract during spring training, according to a person familiar with the situation. In November, Rivera, 37, expressed hope "the Yankees will do the right thing," and extend his contract, which runs out after this season." This according to Pete Caldera from the Bergen Record, 2/7/07.
  • It's unfortunate Mariano has already stated his wishes. His so-called agent, Cuza, has done the same thing. Since the Yankees clearly don't appreciate Rivera, I suggest the following: The Red Sox should offer him 2 years at $50 million, and Mo should take it.
I'd expect this kind of treatment from Steinbrenner, but I thought Cashman was running things. Although Steinbrenner doesn't appreciate Mo (he doesn't beat his wife or get into bar fights), I believed that Cashman did. Maybe the YES Network is involved--to them, Mariano Rivera does not exist. I'm not exaggerating, I've documented it on this blog and my other blog, BaseballWritersAreUnsupervised.blogspot.com.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home