XM MLB Chat

Monday, May 29, 2006

TIMLIN GOES ON DL---FRANCONA SEZ 'DIRECTLY RELATED TO SPRING TRAINING' (Timlin was at WBC, HAD ARM PAIN)--LASORDA, MLB---WHERE ARE YOUR ATTACKS NOW?

"Francona said he thought the injury was "directly related to spring training. It was a little bit dysfunctional for him" because Timlin left to play in the World Baseball Classic for the United States." This today from AP. THE LATEST MANAGER TO CITE PITCHER INJURY BUT NO ATTACK ON FRANCONA ON PRIME TIME TV FROM ANYONE INVOLVED. I THOUGHT YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE WBC. I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE 'COLLECTIVE SACRIFICE' ACCORDING TO DISNEY/ESPN'S JAYSON STARK. WHY ARE THEY SILENT NOW???

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

2 Comments:

  • I'm glad Francona had the balls to say that, because it's true. I really hope there isn't a second WBC, because I don't want to see any of my team's players get hurt in a meaningless exhibition. I'm a Brewers fan, and Fielder and Weeks could very well be huge stars by the time the next one is scheduled, and they'd be asked to play in the stupid thing. I wish some teams would just take the position that they won't allow their players to participate, and maybe that would start a movement.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

  • I agree with you--the whole thing's
    a nutty idea. Seems not to many want to disagree with Bud or Gene Orza, as
    they bring out the heavy artillery against you. If Bud & Gene want to pay
    the salaries of your big stars & refund the fans' money, fine.

    By Blogger susan, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home