XM MLB Chat

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Hal texts, also says jobs are safe

10/1/12, ""Andy and I were texting about two or three months ago when we had the 10-game lead, I said, 'We really need you back,' " (Hal) Steinbrenner said. "'We really need your leadership because I have a feeling this is going to be a lot closer than 10 games come the end.' It is. We built up that 10-game lead. It was a great thing. We had injuries, as other clubs did. It is what it is."

Steinbrenner reiterated that he plans on cutting the Yankees' payroll by 2014. Under the new collective bargaining agreement, the Yankees could save tens of millions of dollars if they lower their payroll -- now around $200 million -- to $189 million.

"I've made it clear that is very important to me, for several reasons," Steinbrenner said. "You are talking about a 10 percent reduction in payroll. I don't see that as an outrageous concept. I never have."

 10/1/12, "Yanks boss: All jobs are safe," ESPN.com, Andrew Marchand

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home