Sports Endorsement Stall of Fame
- * ESPN’s Chris Berman — Simultaneous endorser of Nutrisystem weight loss products and fried meat and cheese platters at Applebee’s.
- * Dan Dierdorf — Simultaneously endorsed weight loss products and Lays potato chips.
- * Joe Torre — As Yankees manager he swore in his book that he never reads the local papers during baseball season, then was heard in commercials for a local newspaper claiming that he reads every word during the season.
- * Charles Barkley — Was surprised to learn the contents of a book he wrote.
- * HBO’s Jim Lampley — Played himself, a trusted national TV journalist, in an obviously bogus commercial for a finance company headed by a man who soon pleaded guilty to wire fraud.
- * Kareem Abdul-Jabbar — In one of his books he credits his NBA longevity — 20 years — to wearing low-cut sneakers, claiming that high-tops transfer shock to the knees. He then did TV ads for Reebok high-tops.
- In another of his books, Abdul-Jabbar claimed to assiduously
avoid drinking alcohol. He wrote drinking not only violates Islam, it destroys families. He then did a
- TV commercial for Coors."