Why not have the All Star game in wonderful Mexico? Oh...gunfire at the stadium....BBC
- "The Mexican baseball league has been forced to suspend a game in progress because of gunfire at a stadium.
The game between the Broncos at their home stadium in Reynosa and the Monterrey Sultans was suddenly interrupted when gunshots were heard.
- and dived into their dugouts.
Panic spread through the crowd of spectators after a group of unknown gunmen exchanged fire on Sunday.
- Baseball officials then took the decision to stop the game.
There are no reports of casualties.
A spokesman for the league, Gabriel Medina, said: "We had to re-schedule for security reasons....
- The game will resume on Friday in the city of Monterrey.
However, Monterrey has also seen a recent upsurge in drug-related violence with at least five people killed there at the weekend -
- one of them decapitated.
Authorities in Reynosa don't know whether the shootings at the Adolfo Lopez Mateo stadium are linked to organised drugs gangs....
- More than 23,000 lives are estimated to have been lost so far in turf wars between rival drug cartels and state security forces.
US anti-narcotics officials have noted that the unrest has started to spill over the border.
The shootings in Reynosa
- are close to the US state of Texas."
4/27/10, "Explosive device found near Reynosa Broncos (Baseball) Stadium" shortly before game was scheduled to begin.
- via Gateway Pundit