8 decapitated heads found in Mexico; prison guards gave guns to some killers
- 7/28, BBC: "Mexico police find human heads dumped near Durango"
- State prosecutors have accused officials at a prison in Gomez Palacio of releasing inmates to carry out drug-related killings.
Those included three massacres which left 35 dead this year in neighbouring Torreon, in Coahuila state.
- Prosecutors said guards at the prison had lent inmates weapons and vehicles in order for one of the massacres to be carried out.
The inmates then returned to their cells, said Ricardo Najera, a spokesman for the attorney-general's office....
- Bullets found at the crime scene matched weapons assigned to some of the guards, Mr Najera said.
The same group is suspected in two other massacres."...
- 7/29, BBC: "President Calderon's government has been dogged by accusations that it treats the Sinaloa cartel more leniently than other drug gangs."...No kidding? ed.
- "(Military 'kills' Mexican drug lord Ignacio Colonel," (even if true means nothing, but was fascinating to learn Calderon has been "dogged" about treating one gang more leniently). ed