XM MLB Chat

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"We can't wait to show it off." PBP guy uses royal 'we'

Listening to the Reds-Yankee game on MLB TV, the 2 guys in the booth discuss aspects of the new Yankee Stadium. The play by play guy, Bob Lorenz, says,
  • "We can't wait to show it off."
"We." John Sterling has never used the word "we" speaking of the Yankees, at least that I've heard in my 13+ years of listening.
  • I like it that way. I know other teams allow their on-air guys to use the word "we" speaking about the team, whether in-game or in later interviews (I only know this because I've heard it on XM). Further,
  • I do not think of Bob Lorenz as in any way in part of the Yankees. Nor do I want to.
Lorenz noted the score at Steinbrenner Stadium on "The Waste Management Scoreboard." Times must be tough.
  • Lorenz does a good job on play by play which I never would have guessed, as his performance as YES Network studio guy is one of the reasons I don't watch it.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home