XM MLB Chat

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Camden Chat speaks for many tired of being lectured that we have no pride and are pathetic

  • The easiest solution is to turn off XM 175 (Bud's personal channel) until the WBC is over.
(Camden Chat, 3/17): "First, it was Kevin Youkilis telling me I have no pride. Then last night on XM Radio I listened to Holden Kushner rambling on about how and the American team is an embarrassment because the manager is missing games for weddings and Once home I forgot about Holden and his ridiculous notions, until this morning when I tuned in to Where is the patriotism, he asks. Down in Venezuela time has stopped while everyone focuses on baseball. The Venezuela-Puerto Rico game is packed with fans waving flags. But where are the Americans waving their flags, Buck wonders.
  • Listen, are people really this dense? Or do radio talk show hosts and Kevin Youkilis just need something to talk about? Because the difference in in the United States and the rest of the countries in the WBC seems pretty obvious to me.
Let's do away with the notion that not caring about the WBC equals not having any pride in my country. I have plenty of pride in my country. I live in the greatest country in the world and I'm not ashamed to say it. I live in a country that other people die trying to get to, that's how great it is. But if I don't drape myself in red, white, and blue and spend my hard earned money going to see the United States vs. The Netherlands I'm a bad American? Give me a break....
  • Part of being a baseball fan is cultivating a relationship with your team and the players on that team. The team I've built that relationship with over my entire life isn't Team USA, it's the Baltimore Orioles. It doesn't matter to me that Melvin Mora isn't playing for my country, I still love him and want him to do well. It's nice that I can root for Jeremy Guthrie and Brian Roberts on Team USA, but it wouldn't matter if they were Canadian or Mexican, they'd still be my players and the ones I care about. To expect anything less of an American fan would be absurd.
I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't already know about the World Baseball Classic, but it's getting old listening to the Americans get bashed for our lack of exuberance.
  • I just wish I could watch it and enjoy the baseball
without someone trying to make me feel bad because I haven't poured my heart and soul into rooting for "my" team." "

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home