XM MLB Chat

Friday, January 09, 2009

World Baseball Classic is a for-profit baseball tourney--not a war.--Davidoff

(Newsday, Ken Davidoff): Before the 2006 WBC, Davidoff was against it and thought "...that it would cause more injuries. I was outraged by the

After covering it, I thought it was a really fun event. Much more exciting than I anticipated. And after the '06 regular season concluded, it seemed that some WBC players did suffer, but not dramatically enough to neutralize the WBC's success.

Now that we're amping up toward another WBC, however, I see certain patterns repeating themselves.

I don't get it. Is there some higher call of duty that requires players to participate in this?

Here is the only "excuse" that players should need to skip the event: "I appreciate the invitation, but I feel that it would hinder my preparation for the 2009 championship season." Crisp and clean, no caffeine.

  • Both Selig and Players Association COO Gene Orza have been guilty of demonizing players who dare not participate.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home