According to Bud Selig, man-made global warming is a threat and "carbon offsets" and the NRDC are the solution
- The NRDC (Natural Resources Defense Council) now has jurisdiction over certain baseball contracts and other matters, according to this 3/11/08 article from MLB.com. It will advise us on "carbon offset" matters.
• Adopting an official environmental policy
- Incorporating environmental language
- into contracts, purchasing policies and requests for proposals that specify preferences for environmentally sound products and services
• Encouraging the use of renewable energy
- Providing information about how to credibly offset the carbon emissions related to team and fan transportation."....
- Many companies are trying to make money off the man-made global warming scam. Al Gore is an investor in many of them. (Seeing Al Gore on the Academy Awards last year convinced a Cincinnati Reds official to pay carbon tax*). Gore usually does not allow traditional media into lectures he gives on the subject.
- "Amyris (biofuels), Altra (biofuels), Bloom Energy (solid oxide fuel cells), Mascoma (cellulosic biofuels), GreatPoint Energy (catalytic gasification), Miasole (solar cells), Ausra (utility scale solar panels), GEM (battery operated cars), Smart (electric cars), and AltaRock Energy (geothermal power)."
- *(On April 3, 2007, I posted the Cincinnati Reds signed up with a carbon offsets company. The Reds' official decided to so so after seeing the Academy Awards on television. Referenced Cincinnati Enquirer article may be archived).