Howard Bryant on George Mitchell, 12/11 and 12/13/07
- In Mr. Bryant's gentle words-not screamed 24/7 on WFAN, any newspaper headlines or any "internet polls," etc.:
- the degree to which Mitchell's complicated relationships with baseball, including his position and compensation from the Red Sox,
- affected the confidence level of team executives. Many baseball executives view those relationships as
- conflicts of interest that should have disqualified Mitchell from heading the investigation.
- as well as a member of the former law firm of baseball president Bob DuPuy, Selig's second in command, to conduct the field investigation.
Some sources indicated they do not believe Mitchell will have the fortitude to hold team owners and the commissioner's office accountable."
- (12/13/07, Bryant): "In its 20-month investigation, the Mitchell team produced precious few levels of new information..."
- WHY IS THE NATION OF SHEEP ALLOWING THESE FRAUDS TO GO ON? (sm)