XM MLB Chat

Monday, September 17, 2007

ESPN, NY Times chose negative portrayal of big night in Boston--MISSES STORY OF GAGNE HITTING RIVERA'S ELBOW.

I have 4 brothers, one of whom is an actual Yankee fan, 2 are casual fans, and the 4th doesn't know they exist. Once the game tied at 1-1 tonight, I turned off everything, told myself I'd check around midnight to get the hideous news. I decided to check my email first, and there was this from Brother #1 (the actual fan)-
  • THIS IS ALL BEFORE THE NEWS THAT ERIC GAGNE HIT MARIANO RIVERA IN THE ELBOW WITH A BALL THROWN FROM THE RED SOX BULLPEN JUST PRIOR TO THE 9TH INNING, WHICH CAUSED RIVERA'S ARM TO GO NUMB:

"Hi Sue – I just finished watching the nail biter in Boston. I am sure you’re as glad as I am that Mo hung on to win. He sure made it tough on himself. I couldn’t stand the fact that those Boston fans were going to have such a comeback. But it wasn’t to be. I noticed of course that

  • espn had to have all Mo’s blown save stats and the Yankees blown lead stats throughout the inning. Scumbags.

  • I don’t know about you but I can hardly stand to watch the game. I am like hyperventilating. I can’t have the sound on until something good happens. When Jeter hit that 3 run dinger I seemed to hear some cheering, but all the Boston fans were suddenly sucking pond water and Narragansett tall boys. Ha ha.

I am still banned in Boston on their website, I am sure. Two weeks to go!"

Thanks for the email, Jeff, and of course ESPN should be closed down. Start this by boycotting all their advertisers. At least they'll be less influential when the MLB, Inc. Baseball Channel starts up (again).

I have a headline for the NY Times:

  • WHO ELSE CAN RELIABLY FACE DAVID ORTIZ WITH THE BASES LOADED, THE GAME ON THE LINE, POSSIBLY THE SEASON ON THE LINE, ON NATIONAL TELEVISION, THE WHOLE WORLD WATCHING--AND GET OUT OF IT? THE GREATEST BIG GAME PITCHER OF ALL TIME, MARIANO RIVERA.
However, the opinion leaders at the NY Times have opinions--with which they aim to shape your view of an historic person and an historic event--so they bash Mariano in their headline. They even easily withstood the availability of a JOBA BREAKS THE RULES, SOX HIT HOMER OFF HIM IN 8TH--and went with:
  • "Yankees Escape a Shaky Ninth,"...
People whom I didn't elect and have not vetted don't get to decide what I think.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home