XM MLB Chat

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Todd Jones-- strict MLB dress code for himself, Zumaya, Guillen

"In last year's playoffs, I got a nice letter from the fashion police about my lucky undershirt. Seems it was cool when I was playing on lousy teams to wear whatever T-shirt I thought was lucky, but now I'm having to wear an MLB-authorized lucky T-shirt. I put the letter in one of those round files we all keep by our desks. Then a funny thing happened in spring training: I was fined $1,000 and told to find an MLB-sanctioned lucky T-shirt or I would be fined $5,000. The next time after that, I would be suspended.

  • And get this: When Joel Zumaya got new tattoos, he didn't check with MLB on the color schemes, so he has been told to sever his arms or wear long sleeves when he pitches. Perhaps MLB could cut a deal with an ink company and come up with authentic tats for all the guys.

The topper came last week when MLB sent Carlos Guillen a friendly reminder to tuck in the pockets where he keeps his batting gloves--or else he, too, will be fined and possibly suspended."

From The Sporting News article by Todd Jones, "Fashion Police." 4/25/07

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home