XM MLB Chat

Thursday, March 01, 2007

NO YANKEES ON XM, NO YANKEES ON MLB GAMEDAY AUDIO, NO YANKEES ON LOCAL RADIO

NO YANKEE FAN HAS ACCESS TO THE GAME TODAY VIA ANY OF THE ABOVE. WHAT A COINCIDENCE! NO XM EITHER--NOT FOR THE TWINS SIDE OR THE YANKEES! GEE, LET'S SEE HOW YOU CAN GET THE YANKEES....OF COURSE, MLB TV ONLY. FIRST YOU HAVE TO HAVE DSL, WHICH I DON'T (have tried to get it many times, but never works out). THEN, YOU HAVE TO BUY IT FROM BUD AND THE BILLIONAIRES AT MLB TV. YOU DON'T EVEN GET A GAMEDAY SCREEN ABOUT THE GAME AT MLB.COM.
  • I THOUGHT THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN ALL-INCLUSIVE SPORT OF THE WORLD? I suppose the YES Network might have the game in limited markets, isn't it interesting how EVEN XM SATELLITE WHICH I PAY FOR KNOWS NOT TO HAVE THE YANKEE GAME TODAY?

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

4 Comments:

  • XM only covers select games for Spring Traning. The entire Yankees schedule will be on XM starting with the regular season.

    In the meantime, here's XM's spring schedule: http://www.whatsonmyxm.com/?p=143

    And yes, the game was on YES network live.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:08 PM  

  • Thanks for your comment, and I'm aware XM only covers 'select' games. That doesn't change the confluence of events listed in my post. Since I'm interested enough to have a baseball blog that also discusses XM MLB content, it's safe to say I'm aware of XM's regular season offerings. I'm grateful for the link you mention, but I posted it on this blog a few days ago. Thanks again for your interest.

    By Blogger susan, at 7:09 PM  

  • Susan,

    There didn't happen to be a local radio broadcast for either team that day; that's why the game wasn't on Gameday Audio. As for XM, they only carry the "home" team's broadcasts, so in this case, since neither team broadcast the game, then there was no "home" broadcast.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:08 PM  

  • Thanks for your comment and information about local radio and XM. My point was that the baseball fan was denied any access to the game. It may have been on YES or some other TV outlet, but my experience with YES is that the game would not have been carried outside the NY market. Therefore, most of the country was left with only 1 way to access the game: MLB TV. I consider that to be unacceptable.

    By Blogger susan, at 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home