XM MLB Chat

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Totalitarian State of Baseball--Esteban Loaiza case in point

Says Loaiza about the effects of WBC on his pitching for the Oakland Athletics: "I'm still behind," said Oakland starter Esteban Loaiza, whose velocity has stayed in the mid-80 mph range since pitching for Mexico. "You look around baseball, and it's the same for a lot of the guys who pitched in the WBC. Their velocity is down." and...
  • "It made it harder," Loaiza said of pitching in the WBC. "But I'd do it again. It was a great thing for baseball around the world."
Right. HE'D do it again. I read these comments in a piece by Gerry Fraley, Dallas Morning News reporter, April 22 of this year. Something's happened--the State (MLB) has taken control of all businesses AND the flow of all information.
  • ONLY ONE POINT OF VIEW IS PERMITTED IN A TOTALITARIAN STATE, & you learn to shut up or you'll be slandered & attacked relentlessly, morning til night in all media by the many useful idiot sports reporters.
  • LOAIZA IS SAYING--I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT--STEAL THE FANS' & THE TEAM'S MONEY, CHEAT MY TEAMMATES, ETC.
I'll take whatever time I want, be of no use when I return to the A's, but who cares? No one will stop me. If one team owner says ONE LOUSY WORD, as one NY team's principal owner did, HE'LL BE SLAMMED ON PRIME TIME TV IN A DRAMATIC EDITORIAL BY TOM LaSORDA & SCORNED BY HUNDREDS OF MORONIC PUNDITS AROUND THE COUNTRY HUNDREDS OF TIMES A DAY EVERY DAY. YOU'LL HEAR TALKING POINTS LIKE WE NEED "COLLECTIVE SACRIFICE," AS ONE ESPN/DISNEY EMPLOYEE INSTRUCTED US. WHERE ARE YOUR APOLOGIES NOW, ALL YOU SPINELESS 2-bit GOOSE-STEPPERS?

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home